Monday, December 21, 2009

the art of gift


Christmas is just a few days away! Have you all done your Christmas shopping? Done wrapping all your Christmas presents? I haven't haha. I actually just finished my shopping yesterday and I haven't even started wrapping them yet. I think I should start soon.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't settle for 'ordinary'. So every Christmas for the past couple of years I've always challenge myself to think of a 'spectacular' and 'out-of-the-box' themes and things for my Christmas presents. It's fun. Last year I came up with a Go-Green theme. This year, I'm going for the Love Thy Nations theme. I'm not going to mention what I got for my family but I'll give you a hint: it's all about Indonesian's heritage.

Speaking of Christmas presents, here are some Gift Etiquette 101 by Leslie Carlin, co-author of the Etiquette Grrls books that explains about the art of polite giving and receiving:

Can you re-gift? "It's acceptable, but never pass on anything unique or handmade, anything used, or anything where there's a chance the original giver will see it."

How long do you have to send a thank-you note? "With the holidays, you've got until early January. A note is best, but a phone call or email is okay. Never text a thank-you!"

What do you do when someone gives you a gift, but you don't have one in return? "Accept it graciously, then make sure to remember them next year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment