Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

One thing you must know about my life partner aka the husband is that he's not the typical cheeseball romantic kind of guy. So it is out of his character to be the 'rose and chocolate gift bearing' guy. But, when he surprises me with little gifts which I know he put a lot of thought into, I appreciate and loved it even more.

We're also not one of those couples who celebrates Valentine's Day religiously. Oh no. Don't give me flowers and chocolates on Valentine's Day, I'll shoot you with cheeseball arrow. Anyway, this particular Valentine's Day I decided to make a Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Buttercream frosting for him (part of the reason is because I wanted to try a new recipe for my baking business' new menu and who would be better to be the guinea pig other than the husband?) cut heart-shaped on behalf of the 'special' day.
 

But lo and behold! When husband got home last night (oh, he said the brownies were absolutely delicious, so it's a go for our new menu.. check out Little Sparrow for more info) he brought me a cute little gift, which to my surprise, something I've been wanting for quite some time..



Thank you, husband! What a wonderful surprise ^^ going to the moon and back just doesn't really add up to how much I love you!

2 comments:

  1. "Shoot you with cheeseball arrow" hahaha. As my husband said, "Happy Thursday!"

    Happy Vals Day and congrats on Little Sparrow, gadis burung pipit! I'll order one of these days yaaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahay.. iya 'cheeseball arrow'! Beware, boys..
      happy vals day to you too and thank you! argh wasn't expecting you to notice the connection between the brand and my childhood nickname --"

      Delete