Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Travel: On Packing Chic and 'Smart' (1)

I love traveling. Some people may dreaded the packing aspect of it. The stress it causes of: what to bring, will it be enough t-shirts, etc. Well, not me. I love it. I guess this comes from my love of planning and organizing. With all the traveling I've done (yes, I've been pretty fortunate enough to be able to travel often), I've become more and more decent and 'smart' when it comes to packing.

I like to be well-prepared, comfortable yet chic whenever I go traveling. Dressing stylishly while on the road involves a thorough and smart planning. When you're traveling, you can't possibly bring everything in your closet (or house) along. So PLANNING IS THE KEY. Plan your outfits ahead by creating a wardrobe checklist. Identify your major clothing needs (e.g. leisure, business, etc.) and always check the weather forecast prior to your arrival. The goal here is to create the illusion of an entire wardrobe for the whole trip by bringing key pieces that you can easily mix and match with one another. That way, you won't be taking the entire space of your luggage and you'll have plenty of spaces for new purchases in your travel destination.

I like to list everything down in my checklist notepad (dorky, I know, but it works!). You may or may not jump in my bandwagon by having a checklist notepad. It's totally up to you :)

After you're done listing everything (you need), and before you start putting everything in your luggage, make sure you TRY EVERYTHING ON. Why? To see if the clothes you're bringing are (a) still fit, (b) dirty or has stains, or (c) turns out you don't really like them that much to bring along. In the end, you'll end up with a reasonable list of wardrobe selection to bring and leave the stress out of 'I don't know what to wear' back home.

to be continued part 2..

No comments:

Post a Comment