Friday, January 10, 2014

Beauty Kit

Let's talk about makeup. I love makeup, although I may not look like it, but I do. Personally, for daily makeup routine I like a more natural look with a little bit more definition in my eyes (more on that later). But for night-time or any special occasions, I like to play more with my makeup.

So today I'm going to be discussing about some of my favorite and go-to makeup to beautify myself.



These are some of my go-to makeup on a daily basis. I don't really wear makeup often because I really like to give my face a break from all that so it stays healthy. I'll be talking about my beauty regimen some other time.

On to my go-to makeup beautifying kit!


1. BENEFIT You Rebel Lite Tinted Moisturizer
I use this pretty often because it's not as heavy as foundation and it has just the right amount of coverage on my face for a "no makeup" makeup look. It just feels like putting on a light moisturizer on your face. It also has SPF15 in it, so it's perfect to use on a daily basis.

2. SHI SHEIDO Cream Blush in Peach Flush
This cream blush is perfect for that natural "no makeup" makeup look. You just dab a little on the apples of your cheeks and blend using your fingers. I just use a little bit to give a hint of 'natural flush'. Sometimes a cream blush is better than the powder one to achieve that natural look or if I'm in a hurry.

3. SHI SHEIDO Loose Powder in No. 2 Beige
I love this loose powder because it's so natural and so light. I use this on top of the tinted moisturizer (see no. 1) just to mattify my face and make it look more put together.

4. BENEFIT Speed Brow Gel
This brow gel is the absolute life-saver! Even if you don't have time to do your eyebrows, you can just brush this brow gel and voila, perfectly groomed eyebrow in just seconds. If you have more time to do your eyebrows, I always use this gel after applying eyebrow pencil (see no. 8) just to keep everything in place the whole day. Perfect!

5. BURT'S BEES Replenishing Lip Balm
I'm not really a lipstick person, so day to day I just use this lip balm. It's absolutely perfect. It gives enough moisture to your lips but also a hint of color because it has pomegranate extract in it.

6. MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone Matte
I love this powder blush because it looks natural.. on me. It gives just the right amount of definition, contour and that 'natural flush'. Sometimes I'll switch things up between the cream blush (see no. 2) and this powder blush.

7. BENEFIT Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Ultra Black
I can't live without my eyeliner. I love to do a chic and simple cat eye flick. It's like my blanket. I can never go without my cat eye flick. This eyeliner is perfect because it'll stay on the whole day (waterproof!) and it's easier to use than the liquid one if you really don't have a lot of time to do your makeup in the morning. The pencil came with a soft sponge at the end that you can use to smudge the liner a bit to achieve a more smoky look if you prefer. I use this almost every day, even when I don't wear any other makeup, this eyeliner is my absolute go-to to look a bit more put together.

8. PAC by Martha Tilaar Eyebrow Pencil in Brown No. 02
The perfect eyebrow pencil color I've used so far. They're made in Indonesia (yay).

9. BENEFIT Hello Flawless Compact Powder in "I'm Cute as a Bunny" Honey
This is my very recent purchase and I love it so much already. I take it with me everywhere for touch ups. It came with a brush and sponge for whatever coverage you want. If you want light, use the brush. If you want more coverage, use the sponge. Love it.

10. BENEFIT Stay Flawless 15-hour Primer
I love this primer. I use this before tinted moisturizer or foundation.. and it holds your makeup the whole day!

11. BENEFIT Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Foundation in "I'm the Rage" Beige
I love this foundation. I use this when I want more coverage (usually on special occasions). This foundation felt super light in your skin, you don't get that heavy feeling like with most foundations. It feels like your skin can still breathe. I love that about this product. It gives me the right coverage and it feels light on my skin. I hate that cakey feeling when wearing foundation, so this one is absolutely heaven-sent.

12. BENEFIT The Pore-Fessional Pore Balm
This balm is to reduce the appearance of large pores. I don't have large pores but sometimes I like to use this just to give a more matte look to my face, kind of like a primer so to speak. It makes your skin easier to be applied with makeup afterwards.

13. BENEFIT BOI-ING Concealer in No. 02
I love this concealer. It's the one I've been using forever. It gives the right amount of coverage and it doesn't feel heavy on your skin.

14. I.D. BARE MINERALS Bronze Powder
This bronze powder I love because it doesn't have that unnecessary shimmer most bronzer has. I use this for contouring, or simply to just give a little natural color to my face when I don't feel like wearing blusher and whatnot.

15. SEPHORA Shadow Palette in Almost Nude No. 09
This is also another recent purchase. I was looking for a shadow palette that can be used from day to night. Gradually adding or mixing color: more natural for day, and more intense for night. This one is perfect.

16. BENEFIT Fake Up Concealer and Crease-Control Cream in No. 02 Medium
This is another recent purchase. It is uh-mazing! It keeps your eye shadow stays in place and reduce the appearance of fine lines around your eyes (not that I'm having those problems just yet) and great coverage for under eye darkness while still giving moisture to your skin.

17. BENEFIT Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner in Jet Black
I love this liquid eyeliner from Benefit for when I want a more defined cat eye flick.

18. BENEFIT They're Real Mascara
Love this mascara! I hate wearing false lashes, I really do, unless I have to. I naturally have a medium length eyelashes, so I need all the extra lengths I can get. This mascara can give you exactly that! It gives you longer and fuller-looking lashes.


So there you go. Those are my go-to makeup beautifying kit that I use all the time. As you can see I pretty much use Benefit products mostly. I love their products so much because it suits me.

Maybe next time I'll try to post some makeup tutorials or something. I'm not the best 'makeup appliers' in the world, but some people have been complimenting me on my effortless "no makeup" makeup look or even the "put together" makeup look for night-time.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment