Thursday, May 08, 2014

Travel: What to Pack

So the long awaited day is finally here! We're jetting off to Japan tonight (red eye flight mind you *sighs*) and we're super excited you have no idea.

What do I pack for this trip? Read on. 


I've always tried to keep what I'm packing pretty simple and hassle-free. Clothes wise, I always bring clothes that I know I can mix and match with one another (therefore keeping the number of clothing I bring to the minimum so that I won't over-bulk my luggage).

For this trip, here's what I pack for a two weeks worth of trip:
- Cotton t-shirts in black, white and stripes
- Cotton tank tops in black and stripes
- Two pairs of jeans in skinny cut (plain black and dark denim)
- Vintage denim cutoffs
- Simple no fuss black leather shorts
- Navy horse-print skater dress
- Vintage red checkered shirt
- Army jacket
- Light-weight sweater in grey
- Vintage black leather jacket

Notice how I mainly stick to neutral blacks, whites and denims, with just a little pop of color with the red shirt. I bring along some jeweleries and accessories (not pictured) to add a pop of color to these neutrals. They surely can go from day to night, warm to cold easily.
 

As for shoes.. I stick to flats. Because it is a family trip so I'm sure there will be a lot of walking and running after my son involved. I brought three pairs:

- Converse sneakers in black
- Repetto ballet flat shoes
- ASOS jelly flat sandals (for when its raining.. who knows)

I also brought along two bags: my Marc Jacobs Little Q Ukita in taupe for everyday wear and my Chanel small boy bag also in taupe. I would bring along black bags, but I figure most of my clothing are in black or white I might as well mix it up with my bags.

There you go.

I'd better go and get ready now before driving off to the airport.

Until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment