Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Food Truck

So Food Trucks are currently (kind of) been trending in Jakarta. I'm a big fan of the show Eat Street, you know, the one showing all kinds of food truck across America. And of course it builds the saliva in my mouth watching every episodes.

Anyway. I finally found one here in Jakarta while I was cruising around the Kemang area with husband and Little A over the weekend. It's called Jakarta Food Truck I've heard about this one a few months ago, but apparently this particular food truck have changed their locations. And here it is.
 

They're offering quite a varied selections of food. From 'modernized' (kind of) local cuisines to Western cuisine such as sloppy joe's (my favorite American messy food), schnitzel sandwich and desserts such as fried Oreo (surprisingly good).



Although we just had a big lunch, husband and I decided to give it a try. We got the Sloppy Joe's burger and the Fried Oreo Cookies. Verdict?

I find the Sloppy Joe's was alright. It has that nice messy texture of what a Sloppy Joe's supposed to be like. They're very generous with the meat. The flavor was pretty spot on although personally I would prefer more spicy and more kick into the meat filling. The bun was soft and good. The coleslaw was okay. Overall it was a pretty decent dish.

Next is the Fried Oreo Cookies. Surprisingly good. Crunchy on the outside, soft and moist on the inside. Dust it with a little bit powdered sugar and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.. YUM. Though I'm sure not the most healthy option off the menu. It kind of had the texture of a soft fried doughnuts with chocolatey crumble on the inside. I like this one.

I was going to try the Rice menu and the schnitzel sandwich.. but unfortunately we were already too full from our lunch. Hopefully next time we'll get to try their other food.

Just yesterday I found another food truck on the side road of Antasari selling Mexican cuisine. I haven't yet to tried them. Maybe next time I bumped into them, I'll give them a try. I'm not sure how long this 'food truck trend' will lasts in Jakarta, but it's really nice to see people are going into these food truck businesses. It's very refreshing.

3 comments:

  1. They're very generous with the meat. The flavor was pretty spot on although personally Food Truck Catering In Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corporate Catering This is usually very educative content material AS WELL AS nicely to get a great change. It\'s amazing in order to learn that several folks even at this point identify How to provide an submit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days food truck parties are getting popular. I am planning my wedding for august this year and have booked one of best wedding venues Los Angeles for our special day. For pre-wedding party, thinking about food truck party.

    ReplyDelete