Saturday, October 04, 2014

Skateboard and Sprained Ankle


So I got my birthday wish came true. Husband and Little A got me a longboard last week.. the oh-so-beautiful Dusters California longboard. I LOVE IT. The exact one from my wishlist.


So of course I couldn't wait to try it out. This beauty deserves all its perfection to roll. I skated for a bit and it was fine. Going to my third lap around my pool, the wheel got caught on this lamp cover on the ground. Naturally, I fell. And to my horror, I sprained my left ankle. Woo-hoo.


I can't wait for my ankle to heel so that I can take this baby for another spin again. Thank God the fall wasn't that bad.

2 comments:

  1. Receiving that beautiful skateboard is sweet! So, it's no wonder you got pretty excited and took it out for a spin immediately. It’s just sad that your ankle got sprained. I hope there’s no further complications, so that you could enjoy skating around the neighborhood once again. And be careful on skating, so it won’t happen again. Take care!

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Dr. Koziol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline! Thank you so much for your kind words. My ankle has healed thankfully and I've been taking my skateboarding a bit easily before really getting back to my usual run. The only 'complications' I have now is that I still can't walk properly wearing high heels! :D it takes time I know because the last time I sprained my ankle it took me quite a while to finally able to walk fiercely in my heels. Thanks again for your kind words!

      Delete