Sunday, February 22, 2015

Absent and Glee

I know I've been gone for quite some time. The reason behind my absences were mainly because.. okay, I'm about to share a very great news here.



I'm PREGNANT.

This time around it started out pretty rough with morning (no, make that ALL DAY) sickness that I couldn't really get on with my day to day routines. Having no helper whatsoever to tend to Little A has been quite a challenge, but I still get things done. Although I did it all by literally crouching on the edge of the table and whatnot to stop the urge of wanting to throw up most of the time. I was pretty weak with dizzy spells, nausea and basically feeling sleepy all. The. Time.

Over the last couple of weeks I managed to lost almost 3 kg of my body weight due to me not being able to eat anything proper at all! Under normal circumstances I would dance with glee losing that amount of weight. But this wasn't the time or place to be happy about losing so much weight. Especially in the early stages of pregnancy. I vow to myself that I will try my hardest not to lose any more.. the limit was 50 kg. If my weight went under that, we got issue.

So after about 2-3 weeks feeling so weak with the 'all day' sickness, the last couple of days I've been doing much better. I could finally eat normally, and no more nausea whatsoever, my body weight has starting to climb up again (slowly). I've been trying to nibble on food more (mostly plain crackers or fruits) to keep my energy up when I feel 'green' looking at proper food, as well as doing mild yoga poses to help me get through the day (my favorite is the happy baby yoga pose). My energy level has starting to go back to normal so I could now get on with my day to day routines without much hassle.

Speaking of pregnancy, after last year's miscarriage, I'm not going to lie.. the thought of getting pregnant again has been scaring the shizz out of me. I felt anxious and in constant panic attack of having the thought of me falling pregnant. When I first found out I got pregnant back in January, I got into this full on mode of panic attack in the bathroom. I didn't tell my husband for almost 2 weeks. I didn't tell anyone. I'm not even sure why. But after a while, I just let my mind relax a bit.. I mean, this is what I've been looking forward to right? So why should I be anxious and panicked about it?

I'm super grateful for this wonderful gift. Here's to having a super strong and healthy pregnancy!

ps: I am almost 9 weeks. SUPER GLEEFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment