Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas and Halloween (2015 recap 1)


This will be part 1 of my 2015 look back (during my hiatus from this blog). And of course, it's going to be all about the special events that are Christmas and Halloween.

This Christmas is the first Christmas without my late grandmother Jacoba's presence. It felt different as we still gather at her house to celebrate and exchange gifts. Somehow there was just something that is missing. I remember every year during Christmas, as everyone gather around the Christmas tree ready to open up our presents, she would took her regular seat at the sofa, got herself comfortable, watching us laughing and sharing funny banters. She would smile proudly seeing her expanding family. That will be something that we'll missed dearly.

About the Christmas day itself, Little A has been so over excited waiting for the day to finally come. On Christmas eve, I told him to put a letter to Santa and some cookies in a basket outside his bedroom. If he's been good, Santa will give him a wonderful present. The next morning, much to his glee, he found a letter from Santa and a Christmas present contained a huge figurine of Kylo Ren.

The letter from 'Santa'. If you know what I mean. 

Yeah. His face doesn't say much. But he was ecstatic. Trust me. 

The Christmas tree at my late Grandmother's house.

Anyway. I got the most wonderful Christmas surprise from Sejauh Mata Memandang. It is a batik print Sebaran Ayam cloth that can be used for basically anything.. from wrapping bento box, to head scarf to neckerchief. I've been using it for neckerchief quite a lot. I love it so much.

Thank you @sejauh_mata_memandang!!

And then of course, we have to talk about Halloween. This year, we had a little Halloween Party at Kemang Village. Thanks to the wonderful moms of Little A's school friends who made this party happened. It was superb.

He wanted to be Count Dracula this year. 



And that's that. You may wonder, what about New Year's celebration? It has been a few years now that I personally don't really take that much of a big deal when it comes to New Year's celebration. Most events are getting quite old if I do say so myself. Also now that I just had a baby, I'm just going to spend it at home chilling with my family, cooking awesome feast. And then.. call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment