Friday, January 01, 2016

Adios 2015, Hello 2016


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Adios 2015, and thank you for an awesome year.

Hello 2016, let's make this year an awesome one just as well.


In case you're wondering what I did on my last hours in 2015.. well, let me tell you all about it. I spent it.. AT HOME. Yep. You heard that right. To me, celebrating New Year's Eve has gotten old and rather boring. The whole party scene and whatnot. I'd rather choose the comfort of my own bed. Early to bed, early to rise. Ya dig? Besides, I had a 3 months old baby who I just can't leave behind just yet if I want to go out partying.

So on New Year's Eve all we did was cook up a dinner feast at home - I made a killer Spanakopita (that's a Greek Spinach and Feta pie for ya) while my father made Philly Cheese Steak dip and Grilled Lemon Fish. We had a casual dinner just us family.

Food prep. 

My father's Philly Cheese Steak dip. 

My oh-so-yum Spanakopita. 


After dinner, we played outside in our pool to lit up some fire crackers. And then, we call it a night for the kids. While me and the husband..

..changed into our PJs and snuggle up in bed watching movies. Well, he did all the watching. I played some games I haven't had the chance to play comfortably on my iPad. I fell asleep before midnight. What a party, eh? At least I got my beauty sleep.

So today. It is officially the first day of 2016!

We went to have a New Year's lunch with my parents, my maternal grandmother and my aunt Cynthia's family at this restaurant called Hurricane's Grill. Happy Tummy!


NY Strip Loin medium. Perfection. 

Apple Crumble, Lime Cheesecake and Vanilla Ice Cream.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration. May it be you spent it exactly like me or out partying your hearts out. 2015 has been pretty amazing. I'm hoping (and definitely wishing) that 2016 will be just amazing. If not, more. There are still so many things I'd like to accomplish that had to be put on hold for me in 2015. So hopefully I can fulfill all of those this year. And may you all have a wonderful 2016 ahead!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment